Author Topic: Newsletters for national evaluation contacts  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Harvey Mellar

• External advisor
  • GAME ON Partner
  • Charm quark
Newsletters for national evaluation contacts
« on: Sun 2008-11-02 21:53 »
WP leaders can send Newsletters[/b] to other forum members, either by direct email or as PMs. You can choose which member groups you send to, e.g. only other WP leaders, so you don't have to send it to everybody: http://forum.mosem.no/index.php?action=news;sa=mailingmembers[/li][/list]

You also need to set up a list for the National Coordinators - for the evaluation reports.

Harvey

Offline Vegard Stornes Farstad

• GAME ON Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • X boson
  • Scientia Longa, Vita Brevis; Carpe Noctem
    • Facebook - VegardFarstadSRD
    • LinkedIn - http://linkedin.com/in/vegardfarstadsrd
    • Twitter - VegardFarstad
    • Skype - vegard.farstad
    • Simplicatus Research and Development AS
Newsletters for national evaluation contacts
« Reply #1 on: Mon 2008-11-03 18:09 »
    WP leaders can send Newsletters[/b] to other forum members, either by direct email or as PMs. You can choose which member groups you send to, e.g. only other WP leaders, so you don't have to send it to everybody: http://forum.mosem.no/index.php?action=news;sa=mailingmembers[/li][/list]

You also need to set up a list for the National Coordinators - for the evaluation reports.

Harvey

Not sure why National Evaluation Coordinators need to send out forum newsletters? This would require all the schools to be members of the forum. So far they're not and I guess things will be done by email.

However, I agree that in the future ideally all schools will be in the forum (as is the intention), just like all reference group members and even admin contacts at the partner institutions will be. At that time it would make sense to make a new user group for the national contacts for evaluation and valorisation so that they can send newsletters like you propose. Right now I think this is not needed?
    Vegard Stornes Farstad, M.Sc.
    Scientific Director
    Simplicatus Research and Development AS
    --
    simplicatus.com   <>  Simplicatus R&D AS
    mosem.eu           <>  P.O. Box 27
    +47 911 88 774   <>  NO-2018 Løvenstad

Offline Harvey Mellar

• External advisor
    • GAME ON Partner
    • Charm quark
    Re: Newsletters for national evaluation contacts
    « Reply #2 on: Mon 2008-11-03 18:42 »
    Some misunderstanding - the National Coordinators have nothing to do with schools - just one person per country - and it is me who needs to send out messages to them as a group.

Harvey

• GAME ON Coordinator
    • Administrator
    • X boson
      • Skype - vegard.farstad
    « Reply #3 on: Mon 2008-11-03 22:30 »
    Some misunderstanding - the National Coordinators have nothing to do with schools - just one person per country - and it is me who needs to send out messages to them as a group.

Harvey

Aha - well then you can just do this - you have the right to send out Newsletters and you can just choose everybody and then remove the names you don't want from the list. I believe you already worked it out though, since I saw you sent a message about reading the topic in the forum about the ethics issues?
    Scientific Director
    --

Offline Harvey Mellar

• External advisor
    • GAME ON Partner
    • Charm quark
    « Reply #4 on: Mon 2008-11-03 22:54 »
    Aha - well then you can just do this - you have the right to send out Newsletters and you can just choose everybody and then remove the names you don't want from the list. I believe you already worked it out though, since I saw you sent a message about reading the topic in the forum about the ethics issues?

Well I could do that - a bit of a an effort - what I presently do is send it to my ordinary email account and then use a group address in Outlook to forward it on - but it seems a bit of a silly way to do it, but still easier than editing the complete list of names every time I want to do this.

• GAME ON Coordinator
    • Administrator
    • X boson
      • Skype - vegard.farstad
    « Reply #5 on: Tue 2008-11-04 09:51 »
    OK, now I understand.

I could set up a list of National Eval contacts in the forum so you can select them when sending newsletters. It would be parallell to the group of national admin contacts, and I could also set up a list of national valorisation contacts. In fact, we could set up groups for every WP, including their respective members, which would make it easier for all WP leaders to send out newsletters.

I didn't think of this before. It would be a lot more work for me to set this up compared to the current system, and also to keep updated, as I would triple the number of groups currently.

Also, I foresee additional problems with messages not going to the people needing to get them, as WP leaders would have to make sure their different "email lists" are updated at all times, since people leave and join different groups. The result would probably be most partners asking to join all of these groups...

Thus I would prefer that such newsletters are simply sent to all "project contacts" of which all these WP groups are subgroups. Each person get the message as a personal direct email and they do not see who else gets the message. The people know who they are (usually you include a list of them in your messages) and I think it is useful that other project contacts are informed as well.

Would you accept this?
    « Last Edit: Tue 2008-11-04 09:53 by Vegard Engstrøm »
    Scientific Director
    --

Offline Harvey Mellar

• External advisor
    • GAME ON Partner
    • Charm quark
    « Reply #6 on: Tue 2008-11-04 11:32 »
    It is no problem - I am happy to do this the way I always do.

Harvey